24/02/2013

70's blouse

Wearable 70's blouse to be precise.

When I look at a 70's pattern jacket photo, I always feel like a real estate agent saying to a customer "you have to imagine it with your own decoration". Wondering if, maybe, the stylist was color blind.
Yes, you have to imagine it, because 70's were not all about flared pants and super short jackets (think BeeGees).

And I set myself to make this wearable :


I choose to make the #4.
I modified the pattern to use the finishing technique explained in the previous post. (I hate the large facings they choose to use).
And I choose a cotton from my stash, something quilt weight-like, a real pleasure to sew.


The small flowers are a bit corny but I like the result, and it's super comfy.
And the tie ends make for perfect adjustment.
But I will have to sew a discrete snap between the top buttons as I think the gap there is a bit disgraceful.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire