12/11/2012

Corduroy Macaron dress

I made this dress one year ago but wore it for the first time last month (I don't have much occasions to wear my "frosting" clothes).

(sorry for the quality of the photo, it was taken at dusk)

I used a cotton corduroy (7wales per inch) and Liberty for the contrast. I lined the top yoke and the sleeves with Liberty, as I don't have much confidence in the strength of the fabric to just use one layer.

If I had made a muslin (remember, I'm lazy, and unless I'm unsure about the pattern or the fabric is really expensive, I won't make one) I probably would have raised the armhole a bit, so I could raise my arms... (well, as long as I don't have to change a lightbulb or harvest fruits in it, it's not really problematic).

I'll try making another one for summer, maybe with piping, as I really love the sleeves and the pockets !



2 commentaires:

  1. Oh je n'avais pas vu cette robe!!
    Elle est superbe et te va à ravir. ♥

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Merci !
      C'est vrai que je ne l'avais jamais vraiment mise, mais dès les beaux jours je pense la sortir plus souvent.

      Supprimer